Renewal in the Bible and History
We believe Renewal in the Bible and in history follows a discernable outline that can be
summarized by 7 key elements. We champion these elements as our core values.
1. Spirit Led – we believe that God is the author of renewal and he invites us to
access and join him through prayer and fasting for the Holy Spirit’s work of
2. Reliable Word – we learn the ways of God with lasting clarity and conviction
by trusting God’s Word and what it teaches as the objective foundation for
renewal and life.
3. Surrender to Jesus as Lord – the gospel teaches us that Jesus is Messiah
and Lord. He calls everyone to salvation (in eternity) and discipleship (in this life)
through a faith commitment that is expressed in repentance, confession, and
baptism. Repentance and surrender to Jesus as Lord is the never-ending cycle
for life in Jesus’ Kingdom, and it is empowered by the Spirit.
4. Intentional Relational Discipleship – Jesus gave us the perfect model of
disciple making, which he demonstrated with his disciples. Those same
principles from the life of Jesus should be utilized as we make disciples today
and champion discipleship as the core mission of the local church.
5. Sacrificial Love – Jesus showed us the true meaning of love and taught us
that sacrificial love is the distinguishing character trait of true disciples (and true
renewal). Sacrificial love is the foundation for our relationships both in the church
and in the world.
6. Counter-Culture Church – Jesus lived differently than the world, so the
people in his church will learn to live differently than the world – even when it is
difficult – we show that God’s kingdom is an alternative kingdom to the world.
7. Catalytic Leaders – God always uses leaders in renewal and they live by a
prayerful, risk-taking faith. Renewal will be led by bold and courageous leaders.
You are invited to join with Renew. The vision is the same vision Jesus gave us in Revelation 7:9 – I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They look forward to the realization of this vision through the efforts of countless people in space and time, including theirs.
To learn more about Renew Network go to renew.org