I’m so thankful for the Spiritual Blessings that are ours in Christ Jesus.
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.”
Ephesians 1:3 NIV
After spending the last two months in Paul’s letters, I woke up one fall morning prompted by God’s Spirit to take some time to reflect on spiritual gratitude through the eyes of the Apostle Paul… what I have to be thankful for “in Christ.”
I began this simple exercise in gratitude by recalling some familiar verses in the Pauline epistles, but then quickly found myself leafing through each letter, scanning for spiritual blessings. I began at 6:30 in the morning leafing through Romans and finally finished with Philemon around 10:30, four hours later.
His blessings fill my heart with awe in worship for the one in whom I’ve found blessings beyond comprehension.
Gratitude and Spiritual Blessings
1. Thank you Father for the power of the gospel to save me through Christ!
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.”
Romans 1:16 NIV
2. Thank you Father for demonstrating your love for me through Christ’s death.
“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
Romans 5:8 NIV
3. Thank you Father that in Christ I have been saved by grace.
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—”
Ephesians 2:8 NIV
4. Thank you Father that in Christ I live with no fear of facing condemnation.
“Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus…”
Romans 8:1 NIV
5. Thank you Father that in Christ I have been justified freely by your grace.
“and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.”
Romans 3:24 NIV
6. Thank you Father that I have been given righteousness in Christ.
“This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.”
Romans 3:22a NIV
7. Thank you Father that in Christ I now have peace with God.
“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,”
Romans 5:1 NIV
8. Thank you Father that in Christ I have access to your grace.
“through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.”
Romans 5:2 NIV
9. Thank you Father that in Christ my suffering is not without purpose.
“Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance.”
Romans 5:3 NIV
10. Thank you Father that the hope I’ve found in Christ does not disappoint.
“And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.”
Romans 5:5 NLT
11. Thank you Father that in Christ I’ve been saved from your wrath.
“Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him!”
Romans 5:9 NIV
12. Thank you Father that in Christ I am no longer your enemy.
“For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!”
Romans 5:10 NIV
13. Thank you Father that in Christ I may live a new life.
“We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.”
Romans 6:4 NIV
14. Thank you Father that I have been united with Christ.
“For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.”
Romans 6:5 NIV
15. Thank you Father that in Christ my old self was crucified.
“For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin—”
Romans 6:6 NIV
16. Thank you Father in Christ I’ve been set free from sin.
“because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.”
Romans 6:7 NIV
17. Thank you Father that I have the promise of living with Christ.
“Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.”
Romans 6:8 NIV
18. Thank you Father that in Christ I have the gift of eternal life.
“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Romans 6:23 NIV
19. Thank you Father that in Christ I have been delivered from slavery to my sinful nature.
“Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!”
Romans 7:25a NIV
20. Thank you Father that in Christ I have been given life by your Spirit who now lives in me.
“And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.”
Romans 8:11 NIV
21. Thank you Father that in Christ the Spirit I have received will lead me.
“For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.”
Romans 8:14 NIV
22. Thank you Father that in Christ your Spirit confirms for me that I am your child.
“The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.”
Romans 8:16 NIV
23. Thank you Father that in Christ I am your heir.
“Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.”
Romans 8:17 NIV
24. Thank you Father that in Christ your Spirit has been given to me to help me in my weakness.
“In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.”
Romans 8:26 NIV
25. Thank you Father that in Christ you are at work in all things for my good.
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
Romans 8:28 NIV
26. Thank you Father that your desire is to conform me to the image of your Son.
“For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.”
Romans 8:29 NIV
27. Thank you Father that in Christ you are for me!
“What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?”
Romans 8:31 NIV
28. Thank you Father that in Christ you will graciously give me all things.
“He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?”
Romans 8:32 NIV
29. Thank you Father that in Christ I am more than a conqueror.
“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.”
Romans 8:37 NIV
30. Thank you Father that in Christ nothing can separate me from your love.
“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Romans 8:38-39 NIV
31. Thank you Father that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
“for, ‘Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’”
Romans 10:13 NIV
32. Thank you Father for the privilege of sharing the good news of the salvation I have in Christ.
“And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!””
Romans 10:15 NIV
33. Thank you Father that in Christ you transform me by the renewing of my mind.
“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
Romans 12:2 NIV
34. Thank you Father that in Christ I am now a member of His body, the church.
“so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.”
Romans 12:5 NIV
35. Thank you Father that in Christ I have been given spiritual gifts for the benefit of others.
“We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us.”
Romans 12:6a NIV
36. Thank you Father that in Christ I have been enriched in every way.
“For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge—”
1 Corinthians 1:5 NIV
37. Thank you Father that I’ve been called into fellowship with your Son.
“God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.”
1 Corinthians 1:9 NIV
38. Thank you Father that through the message of the cross I have experienced the power of God.
“For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.”
1 Corinthians 1:18 NIV
39. Thank you Father that in Christ I now have the wisdom of God.
“It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.”
1 Corinthians 1:30 NIV
40. Thank you Father that my faith doesn’t rest on human wisdom but rests on your power.
“so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.”
1 Corinthians 2:5 NIV
41. Thank you Father that in Christ no mind can conceive what you have prepared for me.
“However, as it is written: ‘What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived’ — the things God has prepared for those who love him—”
1 Corinthians 2:9 NIV
42. Thank you Father that I have been given the mind of Christ.
“for, ‘Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?’ But we have the mind of Christ.”
1 Corinthians 2:16 NIV
43. Thank you Father that I am compelled to preach Christ.
“For when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, since I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!”
1 Corinthians 9:16 NIV
44. Thank you Father for the historical fact of the gospel message.
“By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,”
1 Corinthians 15:2-4 NIV
45. Thank you Father that in Christ I will be given an imperishable, resurrected body.
“So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable;”
1 Corinthians 15:42 NIV
46. Thank you Father that in Christ I have been given victory over death.
“’Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?’ The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
1 Corinthians 15:55-57 NIV
47. Thank you Father that in Christ you comfort me in my troubles so I can comfort others.
“who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
2 Corinthians 1:4 NIV
48. Thank you Father that in Christ you want to use me to spread the aroma of Christ everywhere.
“But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.”
2 Corinthians 2:14-15 NIV
49. Thank you Father for my freedom in Christ.
“Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”
2 Corinthians 3:17 NIV
50. Thank you Father for transforming me into your image with ever increasing glory.
“And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.”
2 Corinthians 3:18 NIV
51. Thank you Father that in Christ you have made your light shine in my heart.
“For God, who said, ‘Let light shine out of darkness,’ made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.”
2 Corinthians 4:6 NIV
52. Thank you Father that you have given me this treasure in “jars of clay,” my frail humanity.
“But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.”
2 Corinthians 4:7 NIV
53. Thank you Father that in Christ, though I might be hard-pressed, I am not crushed.
“We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;”
2 Corinthians 4:8 NIV
54. Thank you Father that in Christ the life of Jesus is revealed in my body.
“We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.”
2 Corinthians 4:10 NIV
55. Thank you Father that in Christ I am being renewed inwardly day by day.
“Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.”
2 Corinthians 4:16 NIV
56. Thank you Father that in Christ my light and momentary troubles are achieving for me an eternal glory.
“For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.”
2 Corinthians 4:17 NIV
57. Thank you Father that I have received your Spirit as a deposit guaranteeing what is to come.
“Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.”
2 Corinthians 5:5 NIV
58. Thank you Father that Christ’s love compels me.
“For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.”
2 Corinthians 5:14 NIV
59. Thank you Father that in Christ I am a new creation.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”
2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV
60. Thank you Father that in Christ you have given me the ministry of reconciliation.
“All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:”
2 Corinthians 5:18 NIV
61. Thank you Father that in Christ I am your ambassador.
“We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.”
2 Corinthians 5:20 NIV
62. Thank you Father that Christ was made sin for me that I might be made righteous in Him.
“God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”
2 Corinthians 5:21 NIV
63. Thank you Father that in Christ I have received God’s favor.
“For he says, ‘In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.’ I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.”
2 Corinthians 6:2 NIV
64. Thank you Father that for my sake Christ became poor so that I might become rich in Him.
“For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.”
2 Corinthians 8:9 NIV
65. Thank you Father that in Christ you have enriched me in every way so I can be generous on every occasion.
“You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.”
2 Corinthians 9:11 NIV
66. Thank you Father that in Christ your grace is sufficient, your power is made perfect in my weaknesses.
“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”
2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV
67. Thank you Father that I have been crucified with Christ and Christ lives in me.
“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
Galatians 2:20 NIV
68. Thank you Father that we are one in Christ Jesus.
“There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”
Galatians 3:28 NIV
69. Thank you Father that in Christ I can walk by the Spirit.
“So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.”
Galatians 5:16 NIV
70. Thank you Father that in Christ I can display spiritual fruit.
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”
Galatians 5:22-23 NIV
71. Thank you Father that in Christ I can live by the Spirit.
“Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.”
Galatians 5:25 NIV
72. Thank you Father that in Christ I’m given the strength to carry other’s burdens.
“Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”
Galatians 6:2 NIV
73. Thank you Father that in Christ my hard work will reap a spiritual harvest.
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
Galatians 6:9 NIV
74. Thank you Father that in Christ the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
“May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.”
Galatians 6:14 NIV
75. Thank you Father that in Christ you have chosen me to be holy and blameless in your sight.
“For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love”
Ephesians 1:4 NIV
76. Thank you Father that in Christ I’ve been adopted into your family.
“he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—”
Ephesians 1:5 NIV
77. Thank you Father that in Christ I’ve received forgiveness for my sins.
“In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace”
Ephesians 1:7 NIV
78. Thank you Father that in Christ you’ve made known to me the mystery of your will.
“he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ,”
Ephesians 1:9 NIV
79. Thank you Father that in Christ I’ve been chosen beforehand to belong to you.
“In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,”
Ephesians 1:11 NIV
80. Thank you Father that I’ve been included in Christ.
“And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation.”
Ephesians 1:13a NIV
81. Thank you Father that in Christ I’ve been marked with the seal of the Holy Spirit.
“When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,”
Ephesians 1:13b NIV
82. Thank you Father that in Christ your Spirit helps me to know you better and better.
“I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.”
Ephesians 1:17 NIV
83. Thank you Father that in Christ the power that raised Christ from the dead is at work in me.
“and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms,”
Ephesians 1:19-20 NIV
84. Thank you Father that I’ve been made alive in Christ.
“But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.”
Ephesians 2:4-5 NIV
85. Thank you Father that I’ve been created in Christ Jesus to do good works.
“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
Ephesians 2:10 NIV
86. Thank you Father that in Christ the barrier wall has been removed.
“For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,”
Ephesians 2:14 NIV
87. Thank you Father that in Christ I have access to you.
“For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.”
Ephesians 2:18 NIV
88. Thank you Father that Christ dwells in my heart by faith.
“so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,”
Ephesians 3:17 NIV
89. Thank you Father that in Christ I can know the depths of your love.
“may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,”
Ephesians 3:18 NIV
90. Thank you Father that in Christ you are able to do immeasurably more that all I could ever ask or imagine.
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,”
Ephesians 3:20 NIV
91. Thank you Father that in Christ you make it possible for us to become spiritually mature.
“until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.”
Ephesians 4:13 NIV
92. Thank you Father that in Christ I can forgive others.
“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”
Ephesians 4:32 NIV
93. Thank you Father that in Christ I can walk in the way of love.
“and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”
Ephesians 5:2 NIV
94. Thank you Father that in Christ I am now a child of the light.
“For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light”
Ephesians 5:8 NIV
95. Thank you Father that in Christ I can arm myself for spiritual battle.
“Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.”
Ephesians 6:11 NIV
96. Thank you Father that your Spirit will give me words to fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel.
“Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,”
Ephesians 6:19 NIV
97. Thank you Father that in Christ you will complete the good work you have begun in me.
“being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 1:6 NIV
98. Thank you Father that in Christ I can be filled with the fruit of righteousness.
“filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.”
Philippians 1:11 NIV
99. Thank you Father that in Christ, for me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
“For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.”
Philippians 1:21 NIV
100. Thank you Father that in Christ I have been granted the privilege of suffering for Christ.
“For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him,”
Philippians 1:29 NIV
101. Thank you Father that in Christ I can have the same mindset as Christ Jesus.
“In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:”
Philippians 2:5 NIV
102. Thank you Father that in Christ you are at work in me to act in order to fulfill your good purpose.
“for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.”
Philippians 2:13 NIV
103. Thank you Father that I can consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ.
“What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ”
Philippians 3:8 NIV
104. Thank you Father that in Christ there is a prize awaiting for which I’ve been called heavenward.
“I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 3:14 NIV
105. Thank you Father that in Christ my citizenship is in heaven.
“But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,”
Philippians 3:20 NIV
106. Thank you Father that in Christ I don’t have to be anxious about anything.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
Philippians 4:6 NIV
107. Thank you Father that in Christ your peace transcends understanding and guards my heart and mind.
“And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:7 NIV
108. Thank you Father that in Christ I can be content in all circumstances.
“I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.”
Philippians 4:12 NIV
109. Thank you Father that I can do all things because Christ is my strength.
“I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”
Philippians 4:13 NIV
110. Thank you Father that in Christ you promise to meet all my needs.
“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:19 NIV
111. Thank you Father that in Christ there is a hope stored up for me in heaven.
“the faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel”
Colossians 1:5 NIV
112. Thank you Father that in Christ I am strengthened with endurance and patience.
“being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience,”
Colossians 1:11 NIV
113. Thank you Father that in Christ I’ve been qualified to share in the inheritance of your holy people.
“and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.”
Colossians 1:12 NIV
114. Thank you Father that in Christ I’ve been rescued from the dominion of darkness.
“For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,”
Colossians 1:13 NIV
115. Thank you Father that I’ve been created by you and for you.
“For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.”
Colossians 1:16 NIV
116. Thank you Father that in Christ I am free from accusation and I’ve been presented holy in your sight.
“But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—”
Colossians 1:22 NIV
117. Thank you Father that because Christ lives in me I possess the hope of glory.
“To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”
Colossians 1:27 NIV
118. Thank you Father that my life is rooted and built up in Christ.
“rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.”
Colossians 2:7 NIV
119. Thank you Father that in Christ I am brought to fullness.
“and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.”
Colossians 2:10 NIV
120. Thank you Father that in Christ the guilty verdict of my sin has been nailed to the cross.
“having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.”
Colossians 2:14 NIV
121. Thank you Father that my life is now hidden with Christ in you.
“For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.”
Colossians 3:3 NIV
122. Thank you Father that Christ is my life.
“When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.”
Colossians 3:4 NIV
123. Thank you Father that in Christ the peace of Christ can rule in my heart.
“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.”
Colossians 3:15 NIV
124. Thank you Father that in Christ I find faith, hope, and love to motivate me to serve you.
“We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.”
1 Thessalonians 1:3 NIV
125. Thank you Father that in Christ we have the hope of being reunited with our loved ones who are in Christ.
“For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.”
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 NIV
126. Thank you Father that in Christ our faith and love can grow more and more.
“We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing.”
2 Thessalonians 1:3 NIV
127. Thank you Father that in Christ you can bring to fruition every good thing you intend to accomplish in and through me.
“With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith.”
2 Thessalonians 1:11 NIV
128. Thank you Father that the name of Christ can be glorified in me, and I in it.
“We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.”
2 Thessalonians 1:12 NIV
129. Thank you Father that in Christ my heart is encouraged and strengthened.
“May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.”
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 NIV
130. Thank you Father that through me your message can be spread rapidly.
“As for other matters, brothers and sisters, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you.”
2 Thessalonians 3:1 NIV
131. Thank you Father that the mercy I have received in Christ is a display to others of your immense patience.
“But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.”
1 Timothy 1:16 NIV
132. Thank you Father that Christ’s life was a random paid for mine.
“who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.”
1 Timothy 2:6 NIV
133. Thank you Father that in Christ I can live and serve with confidence because of your Spirit.
“For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.”
2 Timothy 1:7 NIV
134. Thank you Father that in Christ I’ve been called to a holy life.
“He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,”
2 Timothy 1:9 NIV
135. Thank you Father that in Christ death has been destroyed.
“but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.”
2 Timothy 1:10 NIV
136. Thank you Father that in Christ I have received the good deposit of the gospel.
“Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.”
2 Timothy 1:14 NIV
137. Thank you Father that the gospel and your Word cannot be chained!
“Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel, for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God’s word is not chained.”
2 Timothy 2:8-9 NIV
138. Thank you Father that in Christ I find strength to fight the good fight, finish the race, and keep the faith.
“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
2 Timothy 4:7 NIV
139. Thank you Father that in Christ there is a crown of righteousness in store for me.
“Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.”
2 Timothy 4:8 NIV
140. Thank you Father that in Christ I will be brought safely into your kingdom.
“The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.”
2 Timothy 4:18 NIV
141. Thank you Father that in Christ I can live in such a way as to make the teaching of Christ attractive.
“…so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.”
Titus 2:10b NIV
142. Thank you Father that in Christ your grace teaches me to say “no” to ungodliness.
“It teaches us to say ‘No’ to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,”
Titus 2:12 NIV
143. Thank you Father that in Christ I have the blessed hope of the glorious appearing of Christ.
“while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,”
Titus 2:13 NIV
144. Thank you Father that in Christ I’ve been purified to be your very own.
“who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.”
Titus 2:14 NIV
145. Thank you Father that in Christ I’ve been saved by the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
“But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,”
Titus 3:4-5 NIV
146. Thank you Father that in Christ you’ve poured out your Holy Spirit generously upon me.
“whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior,”
Titus 3:6 NIV
147. Thank you Father that I can have a full understanding of every good thing I have in Christ as I share Him with others.
“I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ Jesus.”
Philemon 1:6 NIV
148. Thank you Father that in Christ we can refresh the hearts of others.
“I do wish, brother, that I may have some benefit from you in the Lord; refresh my heart in Christ.”
Philemon 1:20 NIV
149. Thank you Father for your indescribable gift, Christ Jesus my Lord.
“Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!”
2 Corinthians 9:15 NIV
This journey into Paul’s list of Spiritual Blessings ends at 149. If it feels like there should be 150 Spiritual Blessings to make the list even, or that by ending at 149 this list is somehow incomplete, that’s because it is. Christ is a deep well. The riches that are ours in Him are far beyond what any list could hope to describe. So consider my ending at 149 your invitation to search for yourself and add the 150th Spiritual Blessing to this list. And as you do…
“May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”
2 Corinthians 13:14 NIV
By Doug Holliday. Used with permission.