We are excited to continue our series of articles that will shine a spotlight on three additional tracks that will be offered by our partners at the 2023 National Disciple Making Forum. There are 15 ministry partners that will be teaching at the Forum this year. This week’s spotlight is on the teachings offered by Relational Discipleship Network, RENEW.org, and Women of Renew.org. We hope you can plan to join us at the Forum in Indianapolis, Indiana on April 26th and 27th.
Also, the Forum mobile site is now up! This site provides information on all 56 breakout sessions, speakers, and the four main stage sessions: https://m.discipleship.org
Relational Discipleship Network – Relational Discipleship: Reset, Rebuild, Reproduce
1. Relational Discipleship: Mature Disciples Are Made in Authentic Relational Environments
- What is relational discipleship?
- How do I live this out in all areas of my life–home, church, and the world?
- How do you set the DNA of a relational disciple-making environment?
- How do leaders create a relational environment that is intentional about making disciples of Jesus?
2. Intentional Leader: Coaching to Win
- How do you intentionally build a team of disciple makers? What are some of the challenges and the successes?
- As leaders, how are you currently investing your time and energy–prioritizing people and tasks?
- What are your roles and responsibilities as church leaders?
- What are some essential steps for a coach when equipping and raising up disciples of Jesus with purpose and vision?
3. Generational Change: The Fruit of Being a Force Multiplier
- The impact of being a force multiplier.
- How do you draw out a clear disciple making process that is understandable, teachable, and reproducible?
- What are the absolutes for generational change?
- Real world stories of generational change.
4. You’re Not Alone: My Part, Their Part, God’s Part
- As a leader, are you doing too much?
- Are you investing in the right things?
- Are you trying to do God’s part?
- Are your disciples carrying their own weight?
RENEW.org – Disciple Making Movements
1. Radical Dependence or Self-Reliance? Leaning on the Presence of God for the Work of God
Shodankeh Johnson is an international Disciple Making Movement leader who has learned the importance of prayer as it relates to making disciples who make disciples. Paul Huyghebaert and Shodankeh will share in an open conversation about prayer, fasting, and breaking down the strongholds of the enemy.
2. Clarity and Urgency Concerning the Disciple Making Mission
Curtis Sergeant was a Disciple Making Movement leader in South China and is now seeking to catalyze Movements in the United States. Paul Huyghebaert will interview Curtis about the need to rediscover a genuine urgency tied to the mission of God.
3. Multiplication and Decentralization
Josh Howard is a leader within Disciple Making Movements and Church Planting Movements in India. Josh’s story is compelling, as he made the shift from a traditional church model, to one that truly embraces decentralized movement of the gospel through disciple-making. Paul Huyghebaert and Josh will engage in an honest conversation about the North American Church and the barrier created by centralized thinking.
4. Panel Discussion: Shodankeh Johnson, Curtis Sergeant, and Josh Howard with Paul Huyghebaert
An Open Conversation About the Hope for the North American Church and Disciple Making Movements
Women of Renew.org– Discipling Women
1. Helping Women Step into Scripture (Part 1)
A common mistake that we often make, as we read Scripture, is to see the story through a “me-centered” lens. It’s human nature to be self-centered. But when we read the Bible through a “God-centered” lens, our whole perspective changes. In this track, Tina Wilson reveals that a key to shifting our mindset is to look for the character of God and the centrality of Christ in every Bible passage. Together, we’ll practice knowing God and spotlighting his Son so that our study of Scripture informs and deepens our personal relationship with our Lord.
2. Helping Women Step into Scripture (Part 2)
This topic is so important, that we wanted to offer it in two parts. In this powerful second session, Tina Wilson will help us see how, as we step into Scripture, we find Old Testament shadows alluding to New Testament realities and old covenant truths holding up new covenant promises. Whenever a text is cryptic or concealed—whether in the Pentateuch, the Prophets, the Parables, or the Apocalypse, we can look to the neighboring testament for clarity and revelation. These connections across books and testaments expose the overarching story that God is writing through his Creation—to transform us so that we don’t just bear his image, but we also reflect his glory.
3. Discipling Women (Part 1)
What are the ramifications within your church of women being discipled into maturity? We say we want–that we need mature disciples of Jesus within our churches, but are we willing to make the sacrifices in our “we’ve always done it this way” mentality to truly focus on disciple making? Join Michelle Eagle as she explores how to focus your Women’s ministry on creating a culture of disciple making while maintaining a strong biblical foundation.
4. Discipling Women (Part 2)
Disciple making comes in many shapes and sizes. How do you determine what is right for your church? Join us in this session, as Michelle Eagle helps us unpack the nuts and bolts of several types of disciple-making strategies, the pros and cons that each strategy can bring, as well as the must-haves of every disciple-making ministry.
These track topics are very practical and will truly be a blessing to you and those you disciple. Again, please visit the Forum mobile site to find information about all 56 breakout sessions, this year’s speakers and the four main stage sessions.
Click here to register for the 2023 National Disciple Making Forum.