Search for It
Draw a picture of or write the name of each of the following ways to get wisdom—Bible, parents, pastor, godly Christians, prayer—on an index card or piece of paper. Hide these when the kids are not looking.
Ask: Where can you find wisdom?
Instruct the kids to search for five cards (hidden around the room) that tell how to get wisdom. After you have found them, let each child read his card and tell how one can gain wisdom.
Read Proverbs 2:1-6 aloud to see what Solomon (one of the wisest men who ever lived) said about finding wisdom.
Encourage your kids to look in the Bible or ask God for wisdom or ask you or another godly person when they want to know the right thing to do.
Which is Better?
Ask the “Would you rather” questions to the family at the dinner table. To get the kids moving, you could ask them to move to separate sides of the room (pointing to which side they should go to for each answer) or just have them shout out their answer.
- Would you rather eat a stick of margarine or drink half a bottle of hot sauce?
- Would you rather give up your computer or your pet?
- Would you rather only be able to whisper or only be able to shout?
- Would you rather be able to fly or to be invisible?
- Would you rather be very smart or very handsome/beautiful?
- Would you rather jump into a pool of marshmallows or a pool of Jell-O?
- Would you rather have a head the size or an orange or the size of a watermelon?
- Would you rather have one eye in the middle of your forehead or two noses?
- Would you rather wear a clown’s rainbow wig or his bright red nose to school?
- Would you rather be wise and poor or foolish and rich?
Read what the Bible says about wisdom in Proverbs 4:7. Getting wisdom is better than being rich or strong!
Hide coins (pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters—whatever you have) around the room when the kids aren’t looking. Send them on a search to collect as much money as they can.
Read Psalm 119:72.
What does it say that God’s law (the Bible) is better than? (Thousands of gold and silver.)
How can the Bible be better than gold and silver? Look in the longest chapter in the Bible to find some ways that God’s Words are better than gold or silver. Read Psalm 119:11, 98, 105, 165. God’s Word is better than gold and silver because it will keep you from sin, give you wisdom, help you know the way to live, and give you peace. Those things are priceless!
Don't Miss a Post
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.